What is Ripples?
Ripples is re-building the way people enjoy their drinks all around the world!
With our patented coffee printer and dedicated software, Ripples is turning a daily routine into a memorable experience that engages people and creates buzz around each drink.
Launched in CES 2016, Ripples is the proud winner of the “Last Gadget Standing” award and the “Best New Product” Award at New York Coffee Fest in March 2016, working with the biggest global brands- Twitter, Google, Microsoft, Hilton, Four-Seasons, Lavazza, Intel, IBM and many others.
The head of sales is the most senior Asia based employee of the company and is directly responsible for expanding Ripples’ Asia Pacific presence and leading the product launch in the region. We seek a highly motivated and experienced hospitality industry, sales management business development professional, with the skills, commitment, and ability to assume a hands-on senior role and lead the company’s Asia Pacific launch and expansion.
- Build company's initial strategy for the Asia Pacific market. Strategically obtain information from numerous information sources including company staff and advisors, coffee chain / hospitality market leaders, industry experts, specialty food leaders and decision makers at companies selling non-competing, complimentary products and technologies.
- Recommend a defined Asia Pacific sales and business development strategy and sales projections - (costs, timetable and required human capital).
- Utilizing industry relationships, “open doors” with various levels of decision makers at potential “partners” – (Resellers).
- Identify, target and meet with decision makers at key potential hospitality chain customers, generating interest in the company's concept. Customers may include hotels chains, corporate food services, coffee chains and restaurant groups.
- Meet with decision makers at key corporate brands seeking content partnerships who can benefit from exposure via the company's concept. (sports teams, media, Social Media leaders or other leading national brands).
- Manage, support and develop the reseller network.
- Monitor the business activities of competitors.
- Concurrent with the above functions, take an active role in industry events and associations, building relationships with key opinion leaders and industry experts.
- Develop and transmit written and oral status reports.
- Recent successful experience in a sales management, business development or division GM role with a company selling beverages, food or equipment to upscale hospitality customers (hotels, coffee chains, restaurants, corporate food services). We are seeking a business leader who has sold a “concept”, a “dream” – something new and innovative and understands how to create demand, enthusiasm and buy-in from decision makers and influencers at all levels.
- Proven experience in a leadership role at a company that launched an innovative, market changing product.
- Extensive network of relationships with key opinion leaders and potential collaborators and others in the hospitality space.
- Background managing a small team.
- Ability to open doors with potential end customers, distributors and others at all levels within the customers’ organization.
- Strong background in digital marketing.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast moving, entrepreneurial organization.
- Experience preparing and presenting customer oriented presentations.
- Willingness to travel in Asia Pacific and internationally as needed.
Responsibility and Impact
You will be responsible for building our server infrastructure, including re-building some of the existing. Planning architecture for scale and availability for end users.
You will have a lot of autonomy to make the servers infrastructure scalable
- BSc in Computer Sciences or equivalent, from a top university, with excellent grades.
- Extensive experience with HTTP, NodeJS
- Deep understanding/ experience of Docker and orchestration
- Deep understanding/ experience of microservice architecture, message queues
- Analytical thinking and reasoning
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience in React and client side
- Experience in deploying to China
- Experience in Git version management
Develop and create all B2B marketing content and materials including: sales decks, presentations, newsletters, webinars, articles, case studies, email marketing, etc.
Work closely and liaise with Product, Sales and Marketing team to develop go-to-market and messaging strategies as well as tactical plans for product across all marketing channels.
Initiate and organize Marketing & Business-related meetups and events.
High quality, cost-effective, and reflects the company’s branding specifications.
- 3-4 years' experience in a similar role at B2B or B2C global hi-tech company.
- Vast knowledge in marketing (offline & online) .
- Creative thinker with ability to identify digital trends in the market and adapt them to business needs, focusing on sales and marketing.
- Mother tongue English - Writing capabilities, strong content creation skills.
- College degree or higher, preferably in an area of marketing.
- Strong project management skills- ability to multi task, meet multiple deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, problem solver with the ability to multitask effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently, while also having the skills to collaborate with individuals and across teams.
- Quick learner, flexible, highly motivated and willing to work in a young sprit, energetic atmosphere.
- Assertive and able to work under pressure.
Responsibility and Impact
To manage the design, development, and selection of mechanical components from
prototyping to mass production, including:
Identifying all important trade-offs and providing a review of alternatives.
Preparing validation plans and technically supporting QA tests /validations.
Collaborating with electrical, system engineering staff;
Managing the complete BOM and the performing configuration management.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in the design of mechanical components for electro-mechanical multidisciplinary systems - must.
- Experience with SolidWorks CAD design software - must.
- Accurate motion systems - must.
- familiar with Electrical, electronic and cables design – adv
- Team player.
- High level English.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience with PDM systems.
- Experience with printing technologies.
- Experience in telecom products.
- Experience with mass production in the east.
- Experience with plastic molding and sheet metal design.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Organize meetings and conferences, Manage CEO's calendar.
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management and support to all employees.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures, support in payroll tasks and manage employee's expenses.
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Track product information, ensure proper shipment of items and track shipments.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role.
- Fluent in English.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software (ERP etc.).